2/509 Hume Highway Casula
02 9601 7455
02 9601 4544Contact us
While we are blessed to live in a part of the world that doesn’t experience extreme winter temperatures, there’s no doubt it can still get very cold here in the winter months and so it helps if our homes can stay nice and warm.
Keeping a house warm is much like keeping a person warm – it helps to put on extra layers and cook lots of warm meals.
Here are some tips that should help keep your home warm this winter:
*When it’s a nice and sunny winter’s day, utilise the sun’s warmth by opening up curtains during the day. Make sure to close curtains again at night though, so that the warmth stays in the house for as long as possible.
* Gaps under doors and around windows can let the cool air in, so make sure to seal any gaps around the house.
* Most people don’t use all of the rooms in their house at the one time. So if you mainly need to keep the bedroom or the lounge room warm, then close the doors of rooms that aren’t in use to keep the warmth in the areas that need it most.
* In winter it’s nice to cook up hot meals, so when you do leave the oven open when you’re done to let the heat filter throughout your home.
* If you’re lucky enough to have a fire place in your home then clean the chimney and/or flue to avoid unwanted smoke or ash from getting into your home. It’s also a good idea to keep chopped wood in a dry place so you don’t have any worries on rainy days.
* If you’re still cold then it also helps to snuggle up with warm clothes and a blanket and get out the old ugg boots!
Do you have any more tips to help keep your home warm this winter?