13 Oct 2012
If you’re thinking of putting your property on the Liverpool real estate market then it’s worth sprucing up the front garden so that it makes the right first impression on buyers.
The presentation of the outside of your property is just as important as the inside because it is what will attract buyers to come knocking on your front door.
So to make sure that your property is presenting at its best, here are some tips:
- First take a look at your paths and driveways. Keep them clear of any leaves or weeds and make sure they look clean and presentable.
- Next, make sure that there are no unattractive items left laying out the front – this includes things such as kid’s toys, garden equipment, old newspapers and mail etc.
- Check that your fences and gates are up to scratch. If they look a little worse for wear you could replace damaged palings or possibly repaint the entire fence.
- Keep lawns, gardens and hedges well manicured and if you have time then consider reseeding pits and garden beds. Placing fresh mulch on garden beds can help your plants blossom and also help prevent weeds from re-growing.
- Clear out your gutters and repair any damaged roof tiles. Also check your stormwater drains to make sure that they are in accordance with council policy.
- Fix anything outside that’s been damaged – such as windows, flyscreens, doors or letterboxes.
- Don’t forget to make sure your front entrance is looking its best. This can be done by cleaning up the front door and offering a welcome mat. If you have a doorbell, check that it is in working order.
If the front of your property looks neat and clean then it is bound to provide good curb appeal – but if you would like any more tips for presenting your front garden then please feel free to get in touch with one of the team at Professionals Paradise Realty in Casula.