14 Nov 2012
When selling Liverpool real estate in a competitive market it’s important to take advantage of every open house, and view every inspection as an opportunity to introduce your home to its next owner. Imagine going on a blind date and finding they hadn’t bothered to shower, or were wearing clothes that were stained and creased. Sure, they may be a lovely person, but we all know first impressions count! And so it is with houses too. By implementing these 5 easy staging tips, you’ll be helping your home to make a great first impression.
- When selling a home, you’re also selling a lifestyle. Something as simple as an open coffee table book in the living room, or bottle of wine and glasses on an outdoor setting can make rooms feel more appealing to prospective buyers. You may like to have a browse through home design and real estate magazines for ideas and inspiration.
- A room that appears plain or sterile can easily be dressed up with a splash of colour. Vases, throw rugs and cushions are simple ways of adding a bit of pizzazz to a room without blowing your budget, and you’ll also get to enjoy the benefits of their aesthetic charms when you bring them to your new home.
- Sheer curtains may be used effectively to hide away unpleasant views, while also allowing light into your home. Sheer curtains now come in a huge range of styles, from metallic to silk-like, so you can select a finish that will best complement your decor.
- Help prospective buyers to build an emotional connection to your home by creating a photo album of your favourite snaps of your house and garden in varying lights and seasons, and leave it on display for people to flick through. Or arrange your images on a digital display (in a digital photo frame or as a slide show on your television screen) and have it running continuously throughout the inspection.
- Allow as much natural light to flood through your home as possible by opening blinds and curtains and ensuring the windows are sparkling clean. Twilight inspections will attract an even greater ‘wow’ factor if you take the time to turn on all lights, lamps, and down lights throughout the home to complement the natural light.
If you would like more advice about selling your home or staging your home for inspections please contact us at Professionals Paradise Realty Casula Real Estate, or if you have your own presentation secrets please share them with us here.