12 Sep 2013
If you’re thinking of selling your Liverpool home and are not quite sure where to start, you’re not alone. Many people find the process of selling daunting, and most don’t quite know where to start, so we thought we’d put together a bit of a strategy for you; a step-by-step guide to selling your Liverpool home.
- Choose a Liverpool real estate agent to list and market your home. For some this decision is easy; you may have built a relationship with an agent and be clear that you trust them with the marketing of your Liverpool home.
- Sign a listing agreement with the real estate agent of your choice.
- Have a chat to your agent about suitable inspection times and the marketing strategy that will best suit your home.
- If you haven’t already, get your spring cleaning gloves on and start decluttering, scrubbing and polishing your home. Don’t forget the outside too. Street appeal can definitely help to boost numbers at inspections, and will give buyers a great first impression. Your agent will be able to offer presentation advice.
- Make any necessary repairs, and arrange for a building and pest inspection to make sure you’re not going to find any nasty surprises later that could potentially cause a contract to fall over.
- Communicate regularly with your agent, and be open to all feedback. It’s crucial that you don’t bury your head in the sand. Meeting the market early, whether it be regarding price or presentation, may save you many months of heartache and expense.
- A good agent will be able to negotiate with buyers to earn you the most possible. Work with your agent to help secure the sale you deserve.
- Once a price and conditions have been negotiated and a written offer has been made, you’ll be in the position to sign your beautiful Liverpool property over to new owners. Just remember that most contracts will have a 5 business day cooling off period.
- Once the cooling off period is over, your Liverpool home is officially sold! Congratulations!
- Your settlement period will depend on what was negotiated at the time of the offer being made. You can use this time to start packing and making arrangements to move to your new home.
- Make sure your Liverpool home is empty and thoroughly cleaned out by the time of settlement, with the key is ready to hand over to the excited new owners.
- Put your feet up and relax. You’ve done it!
If you have any questions about selling your Liverpool home, or the steps you can take to present your home to attract the most buyers and highest price, please contact our friendly Professionals Paradise Realty team today.