02 9601 7455   |   sales@professionalsparadise.com.au
Register for Alerts   |   Login to Alerts

paradise realty

2/509 Hume Highway Casula

02 9601 7455

02 9601 4544


Contact us





Property Management FAQs

How do I switch to The Professionals if my property is currently being managed by another agent?

The process is quite simple and will be completely handled by your new Professionals agent. Once you have signed our Notice of Transfer Letter, we will then forward it to your current agent giving the required notice period as per your agreement.

Your new property manager will arrange the collection of the file including the lease agreement, bond details, condition report and all other relevant correspondence. Contact will be made with your tenant to advise of the change, along with details of the new rent payment method.

Then sit back and relax while your property is in the hands of The Professionals.

How long will it take to find a tenant for my property?

It is difficult to put a time frame on this as there are many variables to consider when your property is on the market for lease. Some properties lease in 1 or 2 days and other may take 1 or 2 weeks. Those properties that are well presented and are marketed at a fair market rate, will generally lease quickly. It is also important to consider the time of year as depending on the suburb of your property, some months may have stronger demand than others.

You can rest assured that the Professionals understand that vacancies come at a cost to our clients so our number 1 priority is to ensure you have a good quality tenant as quickly as possible.

How can I be sure the tenant is not damaging the property?

Although your new tenant was thoroughly screened during the application process, there are no guarantees of any accidents that may occur. However, through the conduction of regular routine inspections, your property manager will be able to advise you of the condition of your investment and any repairs that are required at the property. Should there be any cause for concern your Professionals agent will contact you to discuss this.

Do I need landlord Insurance?

Yes. It is extremely important that one of your largest investments be covered by insurance. There are several policies our there so be sure to read the fine print so you know what you are covered for. Most policies cover you for loss of rent, malicious damage, public liability and some items of content such as curtains or carpet.

What if my tenant doesn’t pay his/her rent on time?

Rent arrears are something we take very seriously and have a zero tolerance for. This is why at the Professionals we have a strict arrears procedures that our property manager must adhere by to ensure any arrears are paid as quickly as possible. Communication via phone, email, sms and by mail, ensure the tenant is made aware of the problem and asked to remedy the arrears immediately. If the rent is more than 14 days in arrears your tenant will be sent a termination notice.

Your property manager will notify you when your tenant becomes in arrears and will discuss the action plan moving forward.

How are maintenance and repairs handled?

This is completely up to you. Should you want to be notified of all repairs first, just let your property manager know. If you have a particular tradesperson you would like us to use, that’s fine too as long as they are licensed for the work they’re carrying out and have all the necessary insurance in place. For any large repairs, your property manager would be happy to arrange more than 1 quote for you. It is important to note that should an emergency repair occur at the property after office hours, the tenant can arrange for an emergency repair to be carried out without the approval of agent or owner as per the lease agreement.

At the Professionals we want you to have peace of mind that when it comes to repairs, we ensure our preferred tradespeople are fully qualified and insured so your property is maintained to the highest standard.

What should I do if I want to sell my property or arrange a valuation?

That’s easy…. Just notify your Professionals property manager and they will put you in touch with the sales department for a free, no obligation sales appraisal.

Can I enter my property during the tenancy?

You need to give the tenant appropriate notice before you enter the property. The notice can be served by the managing agent on your behalf.

Copyright © 2018 Professionals Real Estate  |  Privacy Policy & Disclaimer  |  Made in Melbourne by iProperty